History


T. John Institute of Technology is part of the T. John Group of Institutions. Since a humble beginning in 1993 the T. John Group has expanded to include new departments and blocks and spread over an area of 20 acres. TJIT was set up in the year 2006 in order to meet the rapidly growing need for IT Professionals in India and abroad. Starting with just two courses B.E. Computer Science Engineering and B.E. Electronics and Communication Engineering, today the college has expanded into a full fledged provider of technical education, offering B.E. degrees in six streams of engineering, as well as two post graduate courses.

The Department of Information Science Engineering and the Department of Telecommunication Engineering were established in the year 2007. In the same year the institute also started the Business Administration Department that offers the MBA programme under VTU. In 2009 the first batch of Mechanical Engineering students joined the institute to pursue B.E. in Mechanical Engineering under the newly established Department of Mechanical Engineering. Continuing its exponential growth in 2010, TJIT started the MCA program under VTU.

Today almost 1500 students are registered in TJIT under various programs. In just 5 years the Institute has seen a ten-fold growth in the number of students. TJIT is now housed in a square foot building within the T. John campus. The management and the team at TJIT are dedicated to ensure that the institute grows by leaps and bounds in the coming years and is recognized as one of the elite engineering colleges in the nation.